The GOSPEL TRUTH
To Increase your Understanding of the Truth
FINNEY 101 Discipleship Study Questions
THE BRIDE OF CHRIST
1. Marriage is set forth in the bible as describing the _________ between ________ and the __________.
2. Jesus is often spoken of as the _______________ of the _____________.
3. As the woman usually does, the Church assumes the ________________ of ___________________.
4. The ____________ and the _____________ of the husband and wife are one.
5. As the Husband of the _________________, Christ is as ___________________to do everything ________________ to ____________ the interests of the Church
as a ____________ is ___________ to promote the ____________ of his wife.
6. Christ is as ________________ of the reputation of His Church as any husband ever was of his wife's.
7. A wife will feel great ________ and ______________________ if she caused the death of her husband.The Christian feels this remorse when he ___________________ as the occasion of the death of Jesus.
8. The Bible makes it a Christian _________ for the __________ to conform in __________________to the will of her ______________.
9. The ____________________ becomes to the faithful wife the mainspring of her activity. Her_____________________ is only the ___________________ out the _____________ of her husband.
10. The relationship of the Church to Jesus is ________________ the _____________.
11. When believers exercise __________, the _______________ becomes the _______________ of all their conduct.
12. Every believer places himself as ____________________ under the ________________________ of Christ as amarried woman is under the ___________________ of her husband.
13. The woman naturally looks to her ___________ to ______________ her from_____________, ___________and ___________. He is bound to ______________________.
14. Jesus is pledged to __________________ His Church from ____________ foe.
15. The devil can no more _____________ a single believer than he can ________________ God Almighty.
16. No ________________ in the universe can destroy a single ________________.
17. Jesus has assumed _____________________ for all the Church's conduct.
18. Christ holds himself _____________ for all the ________________ of the Church.
19. Every believer is so _____________ to Him that whatever any of them may be guilty of Jesus takes upon himself.
20. There is a sense in which the _________ is _________ in __________ and has no ____________ known in law.
21. Are the crimes committed by believers against the moral law to be considered sin? ___________________ .
22. But because of being united to Christ, can the law get hold of them for condemnation? ________________ .
23. Christ has assumed the responsibility of ____________________ out from under the _______________of ______________, as well as from ________________ the ___________________ .
24. A principal design of marriage is the ______________ of the species. The same is _____________in regard to the ____________________.
25. Another object of marriage is the __________ and _______ of those who are naturally ____________ and ___________.
26. Jesus ____________His Church and affords her ___________ the ____________________ she needs.
27. The _______________________ of the parties is another reason for marriage.The ____________________ of Christ is ________________ by the love of the ________________.
28. It would be strange to hear of a husband _____________ to the ___________________ of his
___________ without _______________ it himself.
29. __________________ each other's ________________ is a great ________________.
30. THE PRINCIPAL reason for this __________________ between Jesus and His Church is that He may ______________ her.
31. What is to be thought of members of the Church who are not satisfied with the _____________ of Christbut must have the ____________ and ______________ of the ____________ to make them ________________?
32. Still more __________________ would be a wife who ______________ her lovers from the___________________ of her husband and made them her chosen __________________.
33. What are we to thing of a woman who, at the very time of her marriage, _____________________to _________________ in__________________ as long as she lives, in _____________
of all the __________________ and _______________ of her husband?
34. Then what are we to think of "______________" who ____________ expect to commit______________________ and __________________ in it as long as they ____________?
34. The Church ____________ her sin upon Christ, because they act as if he __________________ made____________ ______________________ for _________________ His people against temptation.
35. "_____________" are ______________ at the name of Christian __________________.
36. So for ____________ of years the greater part of the Church has __________ taught that Jesus Christ______________ provided a way for His people to _____________________________.
37. Where can anything be found in the ______________ and ________________ of Jesus to _____________the treatment He receives?
38. If an individual __________________ to live n sin, of course he ___________________ live in sin.
39. Because Paul insists believers should consider themselves ____________ to __________, they should from_______ NO MORE ____________ to _________________ than a dead man should _______________ to walk.
40. What insures that believers will be kept from sin? _____________________________ .
41. The reason many Christians do not receive _____________________________ at all timesis that they __________________________ it or trust Jesus to _____________________ in perfect love.
42. NO ONE who __________ God for ___________ He has ________________ has ever ___________ to receive.
43. If you trust God for what He has ___________________________, that is tempting God.
44. If God has not promised holiness, then to go to Him in faith for _________________ from________________
and ____________ is tempting God.
45. A great difficulty on the subject of Christian perfection is: The Church does not fully ______________ theLord Jesus Christ is _______________________ in all these relationships.
46. If individuals ______________ expect to live without sin against Christ, it is because:
A. We _________ our ______________ better than we do ______________, and are ________________to do THEM an injury.
B. We are _____________ by a regard to our _________________--and this proves we love reputation ___________ than Christ.
C. We think we can ______________________________ from these crimes.
47. Believers would know His ________________________ and would live without ____________if they would only ____________________ on Christ and make HIM _____________________
by placing themselves ____________________ at His control.